Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang, Austria’s Greatest Bike Paradise
Nestled into the Pinzgau mountains, Saalbach-Hinterglemm has established itself as Austria’s leading mountain bike region.
A unique, breathtaking network of mountain bike trails for all levels of difficulty ensures that cross-country riders, soul riders, free riders and downhill experts will find exactly what they’re looking for on their bike holiday.
Interactive hiking, moutainbiking and downhill map
Soul riding – biking for everyone
What exactly is a soul rider?
- A soul rider doesn’t think about difference in altitude and kilometres, average speed or cadence.
- A soul rider enjoys the mountains, has fun experiencing new things and relaxing.
- A soul rider’s goals are adventure and exercise. To experience mountain biking in unison with nature and to recharge your batteries – the perfect material for daydreaming on a gloomy day.
- Soul riding: the pleasure of a leisurely cable car ride to the top of the mountain; a stop at a typical alpine chalet with friends; great views of the valley; a break at the pool; the amazing trail. To put it simply: DOLCE VITA in the mountains – biking for everyone!
A soul rider can be a free rider, tour rider and everything in between. It doesn’t matter if he is the first or the last – being there is what counts! A soul rider will happily take the cable car up the mountain and reflect on his day on his bike at one of the area’s cosy alpine chalets.
- Those who don’t necessarily enjoy a hard, steep ride up the mountain can take advantage of the modern cable cars to easily reach the area’s numerous trails.
- The Bike-Circus also has excellent easy trails for beginners and families. This mountain biking region recently opened a connection to the 280 km-long Tauern Bike Trail as well!
- Hotel guests can hire trekking bikes for free
- Mountain bike and downhill bike hire for a surcharge
Guests who bring their own bikes can use our mountain bike garage (a special locked room in our underground car park) for free!
- 400 km of marked mountain bike trails
720 km network of bike and cycling paths in the region
Connection to the Tauern Bike Trail
- 5 cable cars for bikes (a difference in altitude of approx. 4000 m)
Cross-country marathon trail and half-marathon
Single trails, downhill, freeride, dirt park, North Shore, training course
- Connection to the Bike Park Leogang
- Plenty of bike-friendly alpine chalets
- Free map
3D online bike map
- Daily guided bike tours
- Bike technique lessons
- Events: World Games of Mountain Biking & Freeride Festival
Find more information
E-biking in Saalbach Hinterglemm
E-bikes are the perfect option for soul riders and leisure cyclists. This innovation finally helps close the gap between well-trained cyclists and cyclists who are not quite as conditioned. Gone are the days of panting and struggling to keep up with the rest of your group!
1st Bikeboard Award
Readers of the magazine Mountain-bike-Revue and users of the guide "bikeboard.at" have classified the area of Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang the best destination for mountain biking.
Quote: "The alpine area of Saalbach Hinterglemm-Leogang offers at least as many impressions of unique nature, fantastic trails and a tourist infrastructure as the highly praised area around the lake in Garda, Italy".